Position title: Clinic Lead
Position location: Swan Hill District Health
Work type: Full-time
Specialty: Rural Generalist Specialist
We are seeking a Rural Generalist Specialist who can demonstrate the following personal skills and qualities:
- Good with people: Can quickly establish a natural rapport with a range of people.
- Integrity: Is consistently honest, fair, and ethical in words and in conduct; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Respect: Treats others fairly and objectively, ensuring freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying, and using the views of others to improve outcomes on an ongoing basis.
- Active listening skills: Is able to receive information and insights conveyed verbally; takes steps to confirm a shared understanding about the meaning of the information and insights provided.
- Coaching and mentoring skills: Is able to help others improve their knowledge or skills by providing encouragement, feedback and insights into alternative ways of approaching particular situations.
- Conflict resolution skills: Is able to work with people to overcome differences of opinion or communication difficulties.
- Giving feedback: Is able to provide insights to others about the performance of an action or the outcome of a decision impacting them.
- Influencing skills: Is able to affect the beliefs, behaviours or actions of other people.
- Current National Police Check and Working with Children’s Check (If applicable).
- Evidence of immunisation records/history as part of the Health Services Act 1988, 2020 Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers), through either documentation or copy of serology report. It is required that there is immunisation for all vaccine preventable illnesses.
Pay type: Medical Specialists EBA
Indicative rate of pay: $350k- $500 dependant on experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The GP Medical Lead will be responsible for delivering exceptional care to acute hospitalised patients at Swan Hill District Hospital (SHDH). Simultaneously, they will provide medical supervision and attention to patients utilising ambulatory care services within their assigned portfolio.
Operating as a vital member of a diverse team comprising both specialists and generalists, the GP Clinical Lead will take charge of coordinating various programs, including the “Better at Home” program and other stream programs.
What to expect:
Working at Swan Hill District Health:
Work/life balance is what you get working at Swan Hill District Health. We are located on the mighty Murray River, around 3.5 hours from Melbourne. We employ approximately 630 staff and service a 100 km radius area with a catchment area of around 35,000 people. Swan Hill is a safe place where you will be greeted with a warm smile from our friendly local community.
- Access to generous remote area salary packaging arrangements
- Professional Development and other training opportunities
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) will be established between the GP Clinical Lead and the Executive Director of Medical Services to support the following accountabilities and duties:
- Provide clinical management and treatment of patients under your care. Ensure detailed patient treatment plans are in place to support the timely management of patients.
- Ensure a high standard of clinical record documentation is maintained. This includes the completion of the patient’s clinical records (including medication charts / orders) to reflect clinical decisions and the keeping of appropriate databases up-to-date.
- Work with other medical staff and the multidisciplinary team to ensure provision of safe and quality care, continual improvement of services, promotion of teamwork and development of recommended hospital protocols.
- Provide a consultant service as required for patients of other senior medical staff.
- Support continuity of patient care through training and supervision of other medical staff in clinical handover and documentation activities, and exercising clinical judgement and delegated authority to admit or transfer patients to other facilities, or to discharge patients to ongoing care in the community.
- Responding to hospital ‘Code Blue’ and ‘Medical Emergency Team’ calls, and providing emergency resuscitative measures as a key member of the team when rostered and on site.
- Liaise with patient’s admitting medical officer and other visiting medical officers, and assess requirement for attendance by these other medical staff.
- Ability to participate on the acute on call roster.
Clinical Governance and Quality Improvement
- Participate in the facility clinical governance requirements for ongoing maintenance of professional competence and clinical performance.
- Participation in peer review, M&M, and other personal development activities consistent with the relevant specialist medical college requirements to maintain professional standards.
- Participate in activities to ensure facility/ service compliance with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards and maintain full accreditation status.
- Ensure SHDH meets NSQHS and Aged care Quality Standards.
Education and training
- Ensure supervision of junior medical staff) in accordance with PMCV, Junior Doctor training framework and relevant specialist medical College polices and guidelines.
- Be the term supervisor for junior doctors rotating in the acute ward.
- Be the subject lead with our university partner and facilitate medical student teaching in medicine.
- Lead by example and in accordance with SHDH values and policies/procedures.
- Attend, participate and support administrative meetings as required by the Department Head or Director of Medical Services.
- Other duties as directed within scope of practice and clinical privileges granted.
HOW TO APPLY:
For More information:
Please contact Sarah Symes, Medical Services Manager
Email: [email protected]
Closing date: 3rd September 2023