05/11/21 - 07/11/21, Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
Ever ventured into the unknown?
Did you dive in head-first – or were you tentative?
If you’ve not started exploring yet, what’s holding you back?
Stepping off the beaten path can be scary, but you’re not alone.
CCIM 2021 is celebrating the wonders of the unknown. Its many twists and sharp turns. The joys, the lessons to be learned, the victories to be won, and the boundless experiences to be had.
Hear from a diverse program of health professionals who’ve made bold, adventurous, and creative decisions with their own professional and personal journeys – fellow doctors who have ventured, battled, grown, and lived to tell the tale.
So, if you’re interested in unlocking doors to new opportunities, join us at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach from 5-7 November 2021 – and, together, let’s discover new paths.
Featuring a jam-packed day of pre-conference workshops, and 2 full days of sessions, a live podcast recording with special guests and (of course!) a Saturday night networking event thanks to Blu Gibbon, it’s your chance to start making your life what you’ve always wanted it to be.
And after a 2 year wait to gather the CCIM clan together in one geographical location, this year’s event is a long overdue chance to genuinely connect. To share our stories, discuss our different perspectives and help one another realise our dreams.
What to expect
Our annual conference is the highlight of the CCIM calendar. Join colleagues, friends and some very interesting presenters and event partners for Adventuring Into the Unknown.
Featuring 1 day of pre-conference workshops, 2 full days of sessions, a live podcast recording with special guests and a Saturday night networking event thanks to Blu Gibbon.
Interested in sponsoring this event?
Member and non member tickets are available for CCIM 2021:
- Member Ticket – $499
- Non Member Ticket – $599
CCIM Student Members are entitled to a further discount, with tickets available at $399.
If you have not yet become a CCIM Member and would like to benefit from the discount, along with a host of other benefits JOIN TODAY.
Note: Individual membership status will be checked post registration and adjustments made if required.
Your CCIM ticket includes:
• All symposium sessions during the main program
• Admission to the exhibition and creative areas
• Catering (morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and barista coffee) during both days
• Admission to the Saturday Night Networking Event hosted with our friends BluGibbon
CCIM Member tickets also include:
• Member Welcome Reception on Friday, 5 November 2021
• Member breakfast and live podcast recording on Sunday, 7 November 2021
At an additional charge attendees can:
• Book additional tickets for friends/ colleagues/partners to attend social functions
• Book accommodation at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach at discounted Conference rates through the registration process
• Book a place in the Medical Career Planning Workshop being held on Friday, 5 November 2021
Join Dr Ashe Coxon for an interactive workshop looking at ways to navigate the maze of career options open to health professionals. Each workshop is limited to a small number of participants and includes a pre-event personality test and analysis which participants will refer to during the session.
The workshop will cover:
- Common traits that predispose a doctor to career uncertainty and workplace issues and strategies on how to address these traits
- Personality traits common to doctors who experience uncertainty and workplace issues
- The role of values in deciding a future medical career
- Examples of some non traditional or creative careers that can be pursued by doctors
The workshop will be offered at two times on Friday, 5 November:
- 8:30am – 12:30pm
- 1:30pm – 5:30pm
Please select your preferred time during the registration process.
- Workshop Only – $399
- Workshop + 45min Career Counselling Call – $499
Members Welcome Reception
Friday, 5 November 2021
6:30pm – 7:30pm
Waterfall Terrace, Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
Networking Function hosted by CCIM and BluGibbon
Saturday, 6 November 2021
7:00pm – 10:00pm
Members Breakfast & Live Podcast Recording
Sunday, 7 November 2021
7:30am – 8:45am
TBC, Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
CCIM 2020 will be held at:
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
The Grand Parade Brighton-Le-Sands
NSW 2216 Australia
Located near the beach and Botany Bay in Brighton-Le-Sands, Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach offers a marvellous gateway to all that Sydney, Australia has to offer. The hotel is ideally situated just 20 minutes from the Sydney CBD or a 4km drive from the Sydney Airport domestic and international terminals.
Please note that if you choose to book accommodation directly with the hotel or via a third party separate terms and conditions will apply to your booking.
The event team will not be able to modify or cancel your booking on your behalf and any refund will be at the discretion of the hotel/third party provider.
Parking is available onsite, with special rates for in-house guests.
Street parking is also available, however time limits and charges apply.
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach offers premium 4.5-star hotel accommodation overlooking the beautiful, white sandy beaches of Brighton-Le-Sands and Sydney’s picturesque Botany Bay.
The hotel has a spacious and relaxing beachside feel, superbly located in the heart of Brighton-Le-Sands’ new foodies strip, teeming with cosmopolitan restaurants and cafés. Only 4km from Sydney Airport and 7km from the heart of Sydney CBD.
Standard Run of House Rooms: $249 per room per night
• Twin room (includes two double beds)
• King room (includes one king bed)
Room upgrades or suite configurations can be requested by emailing the event team – additional charges will apply for higher room categories.
Please refer to the event terms and conditions regarding accommodation booking cancellations and refunds.
Dietary and special requirements, where detailed will be provided for by the event team.
Should you have either dietary or special requirements please make sure to note these in the registration process.
Should your needs change or you’d like to provide additional information or instruction please contact the event team via [email protected]
Please note, we will cater for specific requirements but are unable to do so for preferences when it comes to catering.
TRANSFER OF REGISTRATION AND/OR ACCOMMODATION
- If you purchase a CCIM ticket and are unable to attend, you can transfer your registration to another person without penalty (transferring between a member and non member though will incur a charge of the difference in registration fee)
- Accommodation bookings can have a name change up to 48 hours prior to check in without penalty.
CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION:
Registration cancellations will be accepted up to 30 days out from the event, with the following refunds being applicable:
- Up until 30 days from the event: 100% refund of paid fees
- 29 – 14 days from the event: 50% of paid fees will be refunded
- 13 – 0 days from the event: No refund will be given from this date.
Refunds will be processed minus associated booking fees and charges (credit card and merchant facility charges incurred – both purchase and refund transaction costs).
CANCELLATION OF ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS:
Accommodation bookings can be cancelled up until 30 days out from the event.
Inside 30 days a cancellation fee equivalent to 100% of the booking value will be applicable.
Where a cancellation is unavoidable within 30 days the organisers will make every effort to resell your room to avoid penalty, but no guarantee can be made.
All changes to registrations and accommodation bookings must be made in writing to the event team at [email protected]
DATA COLLECTION & USE
Creative Careers in Medicine collects personal information from registrants/attendees and other stakeholders to assist in providing the best event experience, including pre and post event communication.
The type of personal information we collect about you may include your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, company and/or business information and details and other details where appropriate.
With this information, in full or part thereof, we:
- Organise event and attendee requirements with suppliers (venues, outsourced catering, transportation etc)
- Book accommodation or travel where requested or required
- Share with our valued partners (name, organisation, and state ONLY in line with privacy legislation). Where contact details will be passed on to a third party you will always be asked to opt in.
- Add you to the CCIM marketing database for future communication. You can opt out of receiving communication from us by unsubscribing by emailing the team or through the online options provided in the communication
Stay in touch with our e-newsletter
Sign up to receive regular CCIM updates, news, events and job opportunities.