Position title: Senior Medical Officer/GP
Position location: Christmas Island and other WA remote locations available
Work type: Contract till Dec 2023 (flexible rotations length)
Closing date: in 4 weeks
FIFO: Flights and accommodation provided
- International Health and Medical Services (IHMS) is a large Australian-based organisation that specializes in providing compassionate and professional multidisciplinary medical care in challenging environments. We primarily work with governments and large private organisations to deliver industry-leading service to patients.
- We are globally recognised for our unique expertise and offer fantastic opportunities to undertake meaningful work with patients where others can’t. We offer opportunities for people to learn and grow their skills and knowledge in a caring organisation focusing on professional development and clinical excellence.
About the role
In this role, you will exercise and deliver primary healthcare services to the people residing in the Immigration Detention Centre.
- To assess, diagnose and treat clients at the General Practice level
- Provide advice and education to nurses and allied health professionals
- Liaise with all parties involved in the medical management of clients
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of all medical records and compliance with professional standards
To be successful, you will have
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA as a Medical Practitioner
- Primary Care experience is desirable with experience in rural/remote settings and/or emergency care highly desirable, alternatively, we will consider a medical officer with an interest in remote work
- Live in Australia and have full working rights in Australia
- Current ALS or willingness to obtain
- Working Monday to Friday, Office hours
- Working with people from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Be recognized, well-acknowledge and rewarded
- Multidisciplinary, dynamic, and collaborative team
- Opportunities to expand your career and support an Australian and international network
- Be part of a large, well-respected medical organisation
HOW TO APPLY
Apply now by sending your updated resume to [email protected]