Position title: Panel Physician & Lead Physician
Position location: Parramatta, Sydney, Canberra and Perth
Work type: full time, part time, contract etc: Multiple – full time and part time contract and Permanent (depends on location as to what is available), 2-5 days per week
Essential Requirements: AHPRA etc: 3+ years’ experience post-grad; unrestricted AHPRA, Australian Citizenship
Pay type: hourly/salaried etc: Salaried
Indicative rate of pay:
- Panel Physician – $149,000 + Super per annum (+ weekends is 1.5x), + Bupa Benefits;
- Lead Physician – $170,000 + Super per annum, + Bupa Benefits
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Be at the heart of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Bupa Medical Visa Services delivers health assessments on behalf of the Australian Government to our customers who are applying for visas to live, work or study in Australia. We are known for our welcoming, rewarding, and high-performing workplace, with our customers at the heart of everything we do.
BMVS provide assessment services for visa purposes and do not provide clinical treatment services. As such, our customer base is typically healthy and have been within Australia on a granted visa for prolonged periods of time prior to seeking a further visa. We also screen customers ahead of their appointments to ensure they are not presenting with cold and flu symptoms or returned to Australia recently as part of our preparedness for COVID-19.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re an essential government service, playing a key role in
protecting Australia’s population health and playing a key part in helping hundreds of thousands of people live, work and study in Australia. After being granted our contract extension with the Department of Home Affairs and increased customer demand, we’re expanding our current services as well as opening 3 brand-new
stores across the country.
Currently we’re looking for customer-focused doctors with a commitment to creating memorable customer experiences. We have the following roles available:
- Lead Physician (Team Leader – Perth) – Part-time Permanent – 2-3 days per week.
- Panel Physician:
- Parramatta – Permanent or contract, full-time or part-time 2-5 days per week
- Sydney CBD – Part-time contract 2-5 days per week
- Canberra – Permanent or contract, full-time or part-time 2-5 days per week
- Perth – Part-time contract 2-5 days per week
Depending on location our centres can operate from 7am to 7pm
Monday to Frida, with some operating on weekends; this is location specific and can be discussed further upon applying to the role. Our Doctors generally working a 7.6hr day between the opening hours on a rotating roster. This means that shift start/finish times will vary, but we can be specific with your days of work for ease of scheduling.
You will be:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Medical Practitioner
- Degree qualified with full General Registration with AHPRA
- Have a strong customer service focus
- Have experience working with customers from a range of backgrounds
- The Lead Physician with also have a strong leadership background that can be clearly demonstrated through prior experience.
Be at the heart of it with Bupa:
- Excellent work life balance and no late-night shifts!
- Great location close to restaurants, gyms, public transport, and secure parking.
- No Medicare Provider Number required
- A big, supportive team where your contribution is truly valued – our people love working at Bupa!
- Opportunity to build your career with a Global leader in healthcare
Email our Recruitment Partner, [email protected]
and apply now – we’ll start interviewing as soon as we receive your application.
A career at Bupa is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our customers and communities. Our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, is what inspires us. It’s a promise to our customers to change lives for the better. Our people are at the heart of this. It’s their passion, ideas and commitment that will shape a brighter future for both Bupa and our customers.
We’ve evolved from being simply a health insurer to what we call a ‘health and care’ company. This involves providing more wide-ranging services to benefit people’s health and wellbeing, wherever they are in life. If you’ve got the belief, the drive and the talent, come and join us.
To learn more about working at Bupa please visit our website:
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equality in recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged based on their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.