CCIM Membership Terms and Conditions
These Membership Terms set out the membership agreement between Creative Careers in Medicine Pty. Ltd., ABN 80 639 348 100 (“us”, “our” or “we”) and each person (“you” or “your”) applying to be a Member of Creative Careers in Medicine.
Unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Member” means a person accepted by us as a current member of Creative Careers in Medicine
- “Member Benefit” means a benefit available to a Member of that Membership Type.
- “Member Details” means the details provided by a Member to Creative Careers in Medicine about the Member and their preferences for interacting with Creative Careers in Medicine.
- “Membership Account” means a Member’s individual account showing the Member’s activity including transactions and Member Benefits obtained by the Member.
- “Membership Type” means a category of membership to Creative Careers in Medicine as identified from time to time on Creative Careers in Medicine website.
- “Creative Careers in Medicine Website” means the website located at www.creativecareersinmedicine.com or such other website we designate as the Creative Careers in Medicine website.
- “Third Party Supplies” means goods and services that a Member can procure from a third-party supplier as a Member Benefit under an agreement between the Member and that supplier.
2. WHAT IS CREATIVE CAREERS IN MEDICINE?
- Creative Careers in Medicine aims to engage, enhance, and advocate for medical/healthcare professionals and their careers in Australasia and beyond.
- Member Benefits may take the form of opportunities for Members to connect through forums provided by us or be resources specific to your type of membership. A Member Benefit may also be via Third Party Supply (in this case our role is to facilitate the supplier offering that benefit).
3. AGREEMENT TO/AND AMENDMENT OF TERMS
- In applying to be a Member of Creative Careers in Medicine, you must agree to the Membership Terms.
- We may amend these Membership Terms by notifying you more than 14 days before the effective date of the change e.g., (by email or posting a notification to a Membership Account) and posting the amendment on Creative Careers in Medicine website/social media channels.
- Amendments to the Membership Terms apply to each current Member. If we amend the Membership Terms, a person’s continued membership of Creative Careers in Medicine will be evidence the Member agrees to the amendment. If a Member does not agree an amendment, the Member may terminate their membership by giving us written notice of termination.
4.1 Eligibility and Applying for Membership
- To be eligible to apply to be a Member you must meet the applicable eligibility criteria on Creative Careers in Medicine Website, complete a membership application, pay the application fee (if applicable), and agree to the Membership Terms. To assess if you meet the eligibility criteria, we may require you to provide further information to support your application or contact a relevant third party (such as a university). The eligibility criteria may differ between Membership Types.
- We have the discretion, acting reasonably, to accept or reject any membership application.
- If we accept your membership application, your membership will not start until you complete all required membership registration requirements including paying any membership fee (if applicable).
- Membership is personal to the person accepted as a Member and cannot be transferred.
4.2 Member Obligations
Each Member must act honestly, fairly, and reasonably in all matters connected with Creative Careers in Medicine. Without limiting this obligation, each Member:
- must promptly tell Creative Careers in Medicine if there is a change to details submitted in their membership application or Member Details
- must not attempt to transfer or otherwise deal with any Member Benefit other than in accordance with the Membership Terms
- must not abuse or misuse any Member Benefit or use it for any inappropriate, illegal, or unlawful activity must comply with any applicable acceptable use, rules of participation or similar policy in place for using a Member Benefit
- must not engage in any behaviour in communicating with another Member that could reasonably be interpreted as intended to bully, intimidate, or harass a person
- must not in using a forum provided by Creative Careers in Medicine post content that could reasonably be interpreted to be defamatory, malicious, hate speech, threatening or pornographic, incite violence or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
- must not undertake any action that could damage the reputation of Creative Careers in Medicine
- must not make representations on behalf of Creative Careers in Medicine without prior approval in writing. For example, a Member must not organise an event in the name of Creative Careers in Medicine without prior written approval
- must regularly check their Membership Account and promptly notify us of any discrepancies in their Membership Account and in any case within three months after the relevant transaction
- give us such information as we reasonably request (e.g., to assist us to verify eligibility for any Member Benefit)
4.3 Termination of membership
- Once you are a member of Creative Careers in Medicine you are entitled to remain a member until you or we terminate your membership in accordance with this clause
- A Member may terminate membership of Creative Careers in Medicine at any time by advising us in writing
- If a Member breaches the Membership Terms and we, acting reasonably, consider that it is a serious breach, then we may at our discretion give the Member a warning, suspend the person’s membership for a period or terminate the person’s membership. A serious breach for example includes a breach by you of any requirement specifically listed under “Member Obligations” or a breach by you of clause 10 (Use of Content)
- We may terminate membership of Creative Careers in Medicine at any time if we decide to cease operation of business or a substantial part of the business of Creative Careers in Medicine. In this case we may terminate membership by issuing a notice in writing to each current Member. Notice may be sent to the Member’s email address in Member Details or posted to the Member’s Account.
- Termination of membership will not entitle the Member to a refund of any application fee. Any refund for Third Party Supplies will be governed by the agreement between the Member and the supplier of the Third-Party Supplies.
5. MEMBERSHIP TYPES AND BENEFITS
5.1 Membership Types
- An individual can only be a Member of one Membership Type at any one time (Foundation, Member, Student)
- A student membership requires a current enrolment at a tertiary institution and a relevant healthcare degree as determined by Creative Careers in Medicine.
- 100 Foundation Memberships are available at the beginning of each year, once all Foundation Memberships have been assigned, prospective members can apply for a standard CCIM membership with the same membership entitlements.
5.2 Member Benefits
- Member Benefits for each Membership Types are set out on Creative Careers in Medicine Website. We may change the Member Benefits that we offer at any time in accordance with our assessment of membership preferences, availability, and cost.
- Each Member Benefit is available on the specific terms identified for that Member Benefit. If a Member selects a Member Benefit the Member is taken to have agreed to the terms applying to that Member Benefit.
- On occasion, special offers such as special events and competitions may be made available to Members. Each special offer is provided on the terms identified for that special offer.
- A Member may need to complete an application or other process and pay fees to be entitled to a Member Benefit.
- A Member Benefit may be a Third-Party Supply. To the extent permitted by law, we have no liability whatsoever to any Member for provision, non-provision, or any defect with the Third-Party Supply.
- On occasion, there may be an outage on Creative Careers in Medicine Website and/or portal (e.g., when maintenance is conducted). During this time, Member Benefits, Membership Accounts and access to web-based resources and services may not be available.
- To the extent permitted by law, we have no liability to you whatsoever in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise for conduct of a Member (e.g., in a forum provided by Creative Careers in Medicine), conduct of an organisation interacting with Creative Careers in Medicine (e.g., an educational institution) or in relation to a Third Party Supply.
- Members are advised to check the accuracy and currency of content on Creative Careers in Medicine Website before relying on it. For example, there may be a time lag between a detail changing and Creative Careers in Medicine Website being updated. In some cases, we may also rely on third parties for content displayed on Creative Careers in Medicine Website which we have not verified. While we aim to address any currency and accuracy issues promptly upon becoming aware of them, to the extent permitted by law, we have no liability to you whatsoever in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise for any reliance you place on content on Creative Careers in Medicine Website.
- The Membership Terms are subject to any rights or remedies you have under law, including under the Australian Consumer Law, that cannot be excluded, restricted, or modified.
7. DEALING WITH PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS
- If a Member has a complaint or concern with Creative Careers in Medicine, a Member Benefit or the conduct of another Member please contact Creative Careers in Medicine promptly about the matter. We will work with you in good faith to try to resolve the issue and take appropriate action.
- If you apply for a Third-Party Supply, your agreement with the third-party supplier will govern how they are permitted to deal with your personal information.
- If you wish to contact us about your personal information please use the contact details on Creative Careers in Medicine Website or email us at [email protected]
- You can also email us at [email protected] for details about how you may seek to access or correct your personal information that we hold, how you may complain about a breach by us of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with any complaint.
9. USE OF CONTENT
- Members will be able to post content in different forums. Before you post any content, you are responsible for checking whether there are any restrictions on who may access posts to that forum and ensuring that the content complies with our acceptable use policy and your membership obligations. For example, a forum might be public (anyone can view) or Member-only (only we and other Members may view). In addition, content that you provide must not be in infringement of copyright obscene, offensive, or defamatory.
- Subject to any restrictions identified for that forum, your membership obligations and compliance with the acceptable use policy, any content in whatever form posted by a Member using a forum provided by us or otherwise provided by a Member to us in connection with an activity of Creative Careers in Medicine may be shared or used by us at our discretion. To enable us to make that sharing or use, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use that content.
- Intellectual property rights in content posted on forums and on Creative Careers in Medicine Website is owned by us and by third party licensors. You may view that content, but you must not reproduce, communicate, reuse, or adapt that content in any way, other than as expressly authorised by us. This clause does not apply to content provided by you.
- You must not provide content if you do not have the right to do so or if you do not wish us to be able to use that content as set out in the Membership Terms. If you have posted content that you wish us to remove, you should contact us as soon as possible and we will Endeavor to remove the content. However, we cannot control, and we are not responsible for the use that anyone makes of that content prior to its removal.
10. CONSENT TO RECEIVE DIRECT MARKETING AND OTHER MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
- If you have consented to us doing so, we may send you marketing communications and material about Creative Careers in Medicine by email, text message or other digital service (such as through an application installed on a mobile device), phone or post. Your consent may have been given by opting in to receive these marketing communications in your membership application or you may have subsequently given your consent.
- You may withdraw your consent and opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by notifying us or by following the opt-out process in a marketing communication.
11. NOTICES AND COMMUNICATION
- Unless we determine that another means of communication is more appropriate, we may communicate with you using email sent to the email address in your Member Details or by posting a notice to your Member Account.
- You should communicate with us using the applicable contact details on Creative Careers in Medicine Website.
- The Membership Terms and any other documents referred to in the Membership Terms form the entire agreement between you and us about the subject matter of the membership agreement and supersedes all other representations, negotiations, arrangements, understandings or agreements and all other communications.
- The Membership Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales.
- Each party irrevocably and unconditionally: (a) submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales; and (b) waives, without limitation, any claim or objection based on absence of jurisdiction or inconvenient forum.