Position title: Medical Officer of the Commonwealth
Position location: Canberra, ACT
Essential Requirements: FRACGP / FACRRM / FRACMA (or equivalent).
Work type: 5 days a week, standard business hours
Pay type: Ongoing contractor
Indicative rate of pay: $ TBC per hour inclusive of superannuation or plus GST – based on experience/skills suitable to the role.
Start Date: ASAP – however due to the nature of the role and high-level security clearance needed, it requires detailed compliance checks and registration before approval / engagement (approximately 8-12 weeks).
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
About the Role:
- Government organisation.
- Working with a Clinical Advisory Team including multiple types of Specialists, Specialist GPs, Senior Nurses and Chief Medical Officer and non-clinical staff.
- Delivering health policy, inter-governmental initiatives, organisational health, quality assurance, contract management, health systems and health services support.
- Future potential of a senior position such as Deputy Chief Medical Officer.
- Interest or skills in Public Health, Occupational Health, Migration Health or Detention/Refugee Health.
- Experience working in a large organisation (eg. government, medical services, financial services, corporate world, medical administration).
- Unconditional AHPRA Registration.
- Australian Citizen.
- 4-5 days per week.