Position title: Medical Officer for Insurer
Organisation: Large Financial Services Organisation
Position location: North Sydney office (Candidate must be Sydney-based)
Work type: Permanent, full-time contract (5 days per week)
Start Date: ASAP
Reason: Developing an in-house medical team and increased capability
Indicative rate of pay: $190k inclusive of superannuation.
(Potential 10% bonus structure)
ABOUT THE ROLE
- First-class mentorship and leadership from an exceptional CMO.
- Provide expert medical opinion to support underwriting risk assessment.
- Imparting medical knowledge and uplifting the medical skills of the various teams.
- Assessing individual underwriting cases, claims cases, and product development.
- Analyse the claims assessment process and optimise the claims triaging process.
- Identify training needs and run training programmes to upskill in house staff.
- Support the development and insight provision of health data.
- Superb communication skills
- Experience, training & skills in mental health desirable.
- Practical skills & knowledge of insurance industry or financial services welcomed.
- Preferably PGY5 with a background in General Practice / Psychiatry / Emergency
- Experience in designing and delivering medical training programs is a bonus