Position title: Medical Director @ HealthMatch
Position location: Sydney, NSW
Work type: Full Time
Speciality area: Health technology, Digital Health
Indicative rate of pay: Dependent upon experience
Welcome to HealthMatch!
At HealthMatch, we’re on a mission to accelerate medical research by putting patients at the heart of getting new treatments and medications to market. We’re starting by transforming the way they connect with clinical trials; bringing a patient- and digital-first approach that makes it faster and easier to access innovative therapies and life-saving medications than has ever been possible before. 80% of clinical trials are delayed because they can’t find the patients to help; and patients don’t know how to engage with them.
We’re closing that gap, using our in-house technology to match the right patients with the right trials as seamlessly as possible. The past 18 months have been huge at HealthMatch. Amidst everything else, we grew our team from 5 to over 30; we went from 8,000 to 115,000+ users; and connected them to over 2,000 clinical trials . To cap it all off, we completed our $18m Series B capital raise in December 2020 with the backing of Square Peg Capital (one of Australia’s most successful VC funds) and a long list of other prominent investors and partners. HealthMatch is delighted to be expanding into the US in 2021 as the next step in our mission to tackle what is a global problem and we are looking for founding team members in the US to help us get there.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Everyone on our team is driven by our mission to accelerate medical research. Everything we do challenges long-established processes and ways of working – we are most excited about meeting people who share our focus on the patient and are unafraid of the challenges we will encounter as we work to transform an industry.
Your experience will get you an interview, your passion and drive will get you on the team.
To be effective as a HealthMatch Medical Director, we think you’ll need a few things:
- Medical Degree: MBBS or MD
- Have completed a recognised 12 month medical internship with relevant tertiary qualifications. Ideally with 3-5 year clinical medicine experience.
- Experience with basic research (preferably published in peer-reviewed journals) and an understanding of the drug discovery and drug development process
- Ability to discuss medical and scientific content to multiple audiences, across internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you’ll be working closely with our leadership team, wider team members and customers to drive great outcomes for our patients
- Excellent bedside manner – you’ll be one of our primary interfaces with patients and will need to be able to quickly and empathetically understand their health context to assess their suitability for our sponsored clinical trials
- Natural problem-solving instincts – to engage with complexity, cut through it and make decisions quickly (and to help others see how you got there!)
No single day in a high-growth startup is the same but you can expect to be doing some of the following:
- Being the key medical point of contact for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CRO customers, assisting with the interpretation of their clinical trial protocols onto the HealthMatch technology platform
- Speaking with key patient user groups to provide support and care through their journey with HealthMatch
Serving as a Medical subject matter expert during internal discussions around key product, operational or clinical decisions
- Maintaining the medical integrity of our trials database and contributing to the build out of HealthMatch’s inhouse-developed medical ontology
- Drafting and publishing medical white papers to educate the medical community on new areas of medical research relevant to our patient user groups
- Liaising with key medical opinion leaders to educate them on the HealthMatch platform and its potential benefits to their patients
We are a dynamic team so you may be called upon to contribute to and learn from the wider business from time to time.
- This is a full-time role based in the HealthMatch Sydney office.
- HealthMatch is a well-funded early stage company – this means we are able to offer competitive compensation which includes base salary, superannuation and ESOP.
- A new office with all the modern conveniences (including ergonomic workstations, beers, wines and cold brew on tap!)
- Weekly team social events
- Ability to work at a founder-led company with access to senior management
- A rapidly growing list of other goodies (that you can help us to shape!)
When you apply, please tell us about the things you’ve done to make you who you are (think your LinkedIn and/or CV), but don’t stop there – we want to hear more about your future: your connection with our mission (to accelerate medical research by putting patients at the heart of the drug development process) and what you think that you (and only you!) can bring to the team.
HealthMatch prides itself on its diverse and inclusive culture. We are an equal opportunity workplace and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to cultural background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or anything else.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants can submit their CV and supporting documentation HERE
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2021