Position title: Medical Advisor
Position location: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth
Work type: full time, part time, contract etc: 3-5 days per week
Essential Requirements: : 5+ years’ experience post-grad; unrestricted AHPRA, Australian Citizenship Citizenship
Pay type: hourly/salaried etc: Salaried
Indicative rate of pay: $175,000 + Super + Bupa Benefits
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You might think you already know a lot about Bupa. You’ll know we provide health insurance and aged care services across Australia. You’ve probably also seen our dental and optical clinics in your local shopping centres and heard about our partnership with Kids Helpline as well. But what you might not realise is that we also provide support to several government departments including delivering health advice to The Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Our role is to support the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) to meet the Nation’s commitment to care for our veteran and defence service community – the men and women who have served Australia in times of war and conflict as well as peacetime.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this unique new role, you will:
- Review medical records, health assessments and other documents to confirm the diagnosis of the illness or injury
- Liaise with specialists and clinicians as well as use your expert clinical analysis and investigation skills to investigate and confirm the causation
- Examine and assess claims in relation to liability, impairment, incapacity, and income support for veterans and reservists
- Respond to and liaise with DVA staff to provide clinical advice and medical evidence as required.
You’ll need to be available for a minimum of three days per week for a part time role.
We’re looking for doctors keen to move into a role without any direct patient contact and comfortable working from a multidisciplinary office in the CBD.
Please note: You must be an Australian citizen and be able to attain and maintain a baseline security clearance from the Defence security and vetting service.
We’re looking for doctors who:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with both people and details – this role involves interactions with both clinical and non-clinical team members as well as working with lots of legislative frameworks, nuanced processes and compliance activity – so you’ll need to be great at both
- Have at least 5 years full time or equivalent part time post-internship experience
- Have full general and unrestricted registration with AHPRA.
Be at the heart of it with Bupa
This is your opportunity to make a real impact in our Veterans health services team, help shape the experience of Veterans accessing health services and supports and ultimately deliver fantastic outcomes for our customers.
You’ll enjoy all the benefits of working with Bupa in Australia including:
- No more working weekends or nights
- Discounts on our health insurance, travel, car, home, contents, and pet insurance products as well as health services such as Dental and Optical
- A central CBD office location close to the train station, restaurants and gyms
- Internal career progression opportunities – we are a big, global business. Your opportunities are endless!
HOW TO APPLY
Email our Recruitment Partner, [email protected] We’ll start reviewing applications as soon as we receive your details.
A career at Bupa is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our customers and communities. Our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, is what inspires us. It’s a promise to our customers to change lives for the better. Our people are at the heart of this. It’s their passion, ideas and commitment that will shape a brighter future for both Bupa and our customers.
To learn more about working at Bupa please visit our website: www.bupa.com.au/careers
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equality in recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged based on their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.