Position title: General Practitioner – Telehealth – Weight Consults
Position location: ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, VIC, TAS, WA, Remote
Work type: Full time, Part time, Casual, Contract
Essential Requirements: FRACGP
Pay type: Salary, Hourly
Closing date: 2022-12-23
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Eucalyptus Weight Management: Eucalyptus builds telehealth clinics, making it easy to access personalised, effective treatments for a number of conditions. We give patients easy access to GPs, personalised evidence-based treatment plans, and the in-depth information they need to achieve their goals.
We follow a high-touch, high-quality model of care and our mission is to improve the metabolic health and wellbeing of all patients through this approach.
Our Weight Management program utilises evidence-based approaches to weight loss that are achievable, sustainable and safe. Doctors are supported by a team of medical support specialists, dietitian and health coaches to ensure that patients have constant, accessible support and advice.
So how does it work? We’ve built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to patients with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We provide an easy to use interface for patients to get help, for doctors to manage their consultations via telehealth, and for pharmacies to fulfil any prescriptions, streamlining the user experience from the patient’s and doctor’s points of view.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive hourly rate
– Work from 10 – 20 hours per week (option to increase hours), with complete flexibility around your schedule.
- Work from the comfort of your home and/or from our beautiful Sydney office.
- Support from our team of nurses and patient support specialists and your fellow Euc GPs.
- Avoid unpaid admin work – our technology platforms is designed to automate workflows like letter templates and electronic patient notes.
- Use telehealth to provide inclusive, empathetic and non-stigmatised care and vastly improve the patient experience.
- Options to be involved in clinical project work, including quality improvement, clinical trials and media etc.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for passionate GPs to join in our goal of making healthcare accessible, convenient and safe. Join us in providing an online medical support network of qualified specialists like yourself. You will also have the ability to be working from home or from our office in Sydney and it is a 6-12 months contract. We are open to someone to work a minimum of 3 days, with flexible working patterns (full days or half days).
- Through telehealth, conduct asynchronous text-based consultations with patients, including assessing, screening, diagnosing and prescribing medication for patients as necessary.
- Adhere to our platform guidelines and policies and complete all required training.
- Provide an exceptional clinical experience for patients through the delivery of prompt and empathetic care on the platform.
- Australian Citizen / Australian Permanent Resident / Temporary Resident.
- FRACGP/FACRRM with full general and specialist AHPRA registration and full General Registration with the Medical Board of Australia (this is a must).
- Ability to obtain a provider number in order to facilitate pathology testing only (No use of MBS attendance item numbers – refer and request only).
- Valid medical indemnity insurance.
- Skilled at using technology to deliver care and communicate with patients.
- Empathetic, friendly and approachable.