Position title: ED SMO With Academic Interest
Position location: Swan Hill, VIC
Essential Requirements: FRACGP or FACRRM with higher qualifications in Emergency Medicine highly desirable (EM AST or EMD)
Work type: Full Time
Pay type: Salary
Indicative rate of pay: Approx. $350k – $400k as per DIT EBA
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Swan Hill is located on the Majestic Murray River in rural Victoria approximately 3.5 hours north-west of the Melbourne airport. We employ approximately 630 staff and service a 100 km radius area with an estimated catchment area of around 35,000 people.
The Hospital has a 24/7 department with access to on-call Anaesthetics; Medical, Surgical consultants. We are also developing a rural clinical school with Charles Sturt University and there will be an opportunity to deliver both undergraduate and postgraduate education.
We have great Employee benefits such as Access to generous remote area salary packaging arrangements and Professional Development and other training opportunities
About the Role:
The Emergency Department Senior Medical Officer (ED SMO) will work with the Emergency Department Clinical Lead in the ongoing growth and development of culture of clinical excellence in the Emergency Department. The ED SMO will work in the Emergency Department supervising Junior Medical Staff and supporting the patient flow and the clinical management of unwell patients. We have recently received funding for Phase 1 of our new hospital build to improve and expand our Emergency Department. SHDH are committed to building a strong, supportive team to take care of our community needs in an emergency. We will consider FACRRM’s or FRACGP’s who are interested in delivering high quality services with an academic interest within a teaching environment.
- FACRRM or FRACGP with higher qualifications in Emergency Medicine highly desirable (EM AST or EMD)
- Sound knowledge of current specialty practice in Emergency Medicine.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multidisciplinary team of medical, nursing and allied health staff.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills in dealing with patients, their relative and professional colleagues.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement activities relevant to practice within the clinical discipline.
- Evidence of ongoing participation and commitment to continuing medical education.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will only be accepted if they contain a CV, Application for Employment form and Cover Letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria. Please forward Applications to [email protected]
For More Information or a copy of the Position Description, please contact:
Medical Services Manager
Email: [email protected] .