Position title: Chief Medical Officer | Director of Medical Services
Position location: Flexible
Work type: Full time, Part time
Speciality area: General Practice/ Medical Administration or Rural Medicine
Essential Requirements: FRACGP/ FACRRM and/ or FRACMA
Pay type: Salary
Indicative rate of pay: Dependent upon experience
Chief Medical Officer / Director of Medical Services
- Fast-growing Australian primary healthcare provider with over 50 practices, a strong brand and a focus on quality
- Leadership of all aspects of the group’s clinical governance design and related initiatives
- Be the clinical voice both at the Ochre Health leadership table and to external stakeholders
- Location flexible
Ochre Health is seeking a highly experienced CMO/DMS to oversee all aspects of clinical governance, promote a high quality clinical culture, support doctor wellness and deliver strong clinical leadership across our 50+ urban and rural medical centre and VMO contract locations.
This is a rare opportunity for a passionate and dynamic medical leader to play a pivotal role in the success of a fast-growing, innovative primary healthcare provider.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the key purpose of this role is to implement and lead the right clinical governance to support nearly 400 GPs in delivering excellent health outcomes to our patients and the communities in which we operate. The role will also maintain our commitment to fostering doctor training and supervision, ensure we continue to attract and retain skilled GPs with the right cultural fit, and maintain our reputation as a trusted and high quality brand and organisation across all of our stakeholders.
Working collaboratively with clinical and operational leaders in each medical centre, you will lead:
- Ongoing evolution and management of the Ochre Clinical Governance Framework
- All aspects of GP engagement and retention initiatives
- Clinical innovation, thought leadership and implementation of new clinical initiatives
- External public engagement and relationships with key client clinical leaders
- Accreditation, compliance and all clinical issues related to complaints, insurance and claims
Credentials and attributes:
- FRACGP, FACRRM and/or FRACMA
- Minimum of 7 years GP experience – work as a rural generalist / GP VMO would be beneficial but not essential
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a senior health administration role such as a DMS, Clinical Director or CMO
- Proven track record in partnering with physicians, clinical leadership/governance and clinical data analytics and reporting
- Strong ability to develop policy, processes and implementation plans
- Proven experience in supervision and learning & development initiatives
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Detailed knowledge of government incentive programs relevant to general practice
- Strong knowledge of quality, medical centre and ISO accreditation and patient safety
- Proven ability to write tender responses, prepare presentation pitches and manage contracts
- Strong business acumen and passion for innovation
- A collaborative, inclusive approach to building consensus and taking action
- Proven and effective communication to board level as well as external media/stakeholders
- A deep sense of personal responsibility and integrity
About Ochre Health
Established in 2002 by two GPs in the NSW outback town on Bourke, Ochre Health has grown to become a leading provider of primary healthcare in Australia. Still owned by our founders, we now partner with close to 400 doctors and we operate a network of over 50 medical centres across five states and territories around the country. We are a business with a rich heritage, strong values, and a commitment to quality – including a resolve to only engage with GPs we would be happy to send our kids to. Our management framework, The Ochre Way, is based on a guiding purpose of improving the health of remote, regional and urban communities, and we are unique amongst our peers in recording and reporting on patient health outcomes.
With a clear vision and a strategic plan focused on high quality growth, now is an exciting time to join our team!