Position title: Clinical Lead at Big Picture
Position location: Sydney, NSW | Remote
Work type: Full time
Speciality area: Health Technology
Essential requirements: N/A
Pay type: Salary
Indicative rate of pay: Dependent upon clinical experience
ABOUT BIG PICTURE
Big Picture is developing intelligent pathway technology, powering the first single platform for collaborative healthcare and clinical research globally. Our core solution captures structured, protocolised and clinically validated data, producing better patient-centred outcomes and generating new leaps in healthcare.
Our teams collaborate across Sydney, London and remotely, servicing our customer base in Europe, Asia and North America. To achieve our mission, we drive Product-First frameworks. Fusing design, technology and clinical thinking together, we create simple software that clinicians deeply love to use.
Big Picture promotes a workplace culture that embraces team work, diversity and inclusion. Our aim is to create a high-performance culture where individuals of all backgrounds and abilities feel included and confident to perform at their best, to ensure talent is fostered, and to empower our teams.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is perfect for a doctor interested in health tech, clinical software and/or health informatics. This is a full time role, and is ideal for anyone looking to make a career change or try something new.
As a Clinical Lead at Big Picture, you’ll play a pivotal role in guiding the development of our platform, ensuring it meets customer requirements and adheres to the highest clinical standards. At the same time you’ll help create protocolised pathways that utilise international specifications such as openEHR, FHIR and SNOMED. You’ll contribute to many aspects of the company, including design, UX/UI, development, regulatory affairs, analytics and customer engagement.
A TYPICAL DAY IN THIS ROLE MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- Liaising with customers and our project team to understand the clinical context and requirements for a new clinical pathway
- Working with our designers to brainstorm new features and innovative solutions to customer problems
- Helping create training materials for new features and new pathways
- Contributing your clinical expertise to the development of AI and clinical decision support tools
- Performing user testing of the platform, finding and documenting bugs
- Collaborating with world leading experts to facilitate the adoption of international standards such as openEHR, FHIR and SNOMED
YOU’LL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Want to become a leader in the medical technology world
- Have a passion for using the latest technology to transform clinical medicine and improve patient care
- Have always been curious about the role that technology and AI can play in accelerating standardised and high quality healthcare across the globe
- Excel at critical thinking and problem-solving
- Have excellent communication skills and can build trust with both clinicians and non-clinicians
- Thrive working in a dynamic organisation that is rapidly evolving and are comfortable navigating the ambiguity, change and challenge that this environment occasionally creates
- Have a growth and high-ownership mindset and a willingness to take responsibility for setting and achieving ambitious goals
- Enjoy using your initiative and experience to identify (and ideally pre-empt!) challenges, and support the team with new ways of thinking
WHO/WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- You will need to have a medical degree and 2 or more years of experience practising clinical medicine
- You will have strong clinical knowledge and experience over a range of clinical specialties, as well as a general understanding of health systems
- You do not need to have prior experience in Health Tech, but a strong interest in this field and willingness to learn is essential
- Previous experience with standards such as openEHR, FHIR and SNOMED are not required, but will be looked upon very favorably. A willingness to upskill in these areas is essential
- An enthusiasm and readiness to make real change in the global healthcare and technology industry
- The desire to work hard with a great team to solve life-changing and complex problems
- A hunger to build a vision from the ground up, while being proactive in identifying and filling gaps
- An attitude to make the whole team better because you are there
HOW TO APPLY EXPRESS INTEREST:
If this sounds like you or has piqued your interest, please email Dr Kieran Dang via [email protected] to submit your application. Please include a cover letter along with your CV.
We appreciate the time it takes to express your interest and are committed to responding to every application.
Closing date: 15 August 2021